Saturday, September 8, 2018

Swamp thing



"Swamp Hunters" is one of at least a dozen so-called reality series set in the Bayou of Louisiana. Let me guess. Are we dealing with some kind of American stereotype here? ;-)

In this series, we get to meet the Taylor clan, who spend most of their time relic-hunting in the Honey Island Swamp. I admit that I found the first episode pretty entertaining, especially old papa D'Roy's one-liners. The other episodes I've seen were more boring.

And yes, this must be scripted. Nobody's gonna convince me that an old pot from the Civil War goes for 8000 dollars! Are we to believe "Swamp Hunters", even obviously faked voodoo bling bling is profitable. Is the Bayou hexed, after all?

At one point, one of the Taylors claims to have seen the famed Honey Island Swamp Monster (a distant cousin of Bigfoot) and says it looks like one of the Ewoks from Star Wars! OK, I'm ready to believe that, LOL.

Three stars for this swamp thing - but really only two and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment