Saturday, September 8, 2018

Where the rat at?




"Rat B*stards" is an American reality show. Or is it surreality? There's no way this is based on a true story, not even freely. I hope...

Rigger (a.k.a. the Mad Scientist of the Bayou), Squirrel, Shane and a few others are gun-touting, bearded, crazy cowboys with heavy Southern accents. Or "Louisiana patriots", as the network's series presentation would have it. Their mission: to exterminate the swamp rats of the Louisiana wetlands by any means necessary. Their motto: "If you can't beat 'em, burn 'em!"

Yes, swamp rats. Apparently, the cuddly, furry and sweet little nutria is a pest species in the United States. Besides, the rats tried to kill Squirrel's dog 40 years ago, so he takes it kind of personally. The extermination team roams the swamps with semi-automatic rifles, Molotov cocktails and even modern GPS equipment. It seems no extermination method is unorthodox enough. At one point, Rigger tries to torch an entire island to get rid of the rat infestation once and for all!

I admit that I only watched the sneak peaks, but it sure looks promising... This is the kind of show that might appeal to the 12-year old boy inside of you. Or the crazy 18-year old? Environmental activists and rodent-lovers might be more upset, though. I'm not sure if they should be. After all, it seems most of the swamp rats get away!

:D

I'm not sure how to rate this, but since I'm the first reviewer and I kind of liked the bizarre humor of the sneak peaks, I'll give it the OK rating - three stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment