Saturday, August 25, 2018

Higher ground



Amazon actually tries to sell the flag of the Swedish Vösternorrland County. Here are my comments... 

I won't tell you any bizarre anecdotes about what I was up to in Västernorrlands län during my younger days, except that one of them involved a fast-speeding car, a bunch of twenty-somethings with an attitude and absolutely no car belts, and, ahem, one of Sweden's most well known suspension bridges. Ouch! Almost forgot that one. :D

The crest of Västernorrland County shows the traditional symbols of Ångermanland (the salmons) and Medelpad (the rivers). I found the official heraldic descriptions on Wikipedia. Here goes: "Azure three Salmons nainaint Argent finned Gules, the middle one counternainaint." And: "Four times parted per fess wavy, Azure, Argent, Gules, Argent and Azure." Whatever that means.

Never liked the Normans. And now, let's go speed-racing, ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment