Thursday, August 30, 2018

Honk if you're Swedish




Canadian Geese or honkers are breeding so fast in Stockholm, that the authorities have discussed culling them. Personally, I think they are a splendid addition to the local avifauna of Magpies, Jackdaws, Hooded Crows, House Sparrows and other birds people just love to hate, or find immensely boring. But sure, these geese are WILD. Once, I was peacefully strolling over a bridge after sunset, when a flock of honkers almost literally collided with me! I had to duck, pun unintended. Thank god they "honk" as they fly in menacing formation. So no, Mr Swedish Everything Has To Be Perfect Local Authority, I don't want you to cull the local golden goose population. I'd say they make our lives in the suburbs a little less boring, ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment