Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Disco á la Baader Meinhof (fourth generation)





I assumed I had already reviewed this product, but perhaps that product page have been removed…

Alice Deejay is a Dutch performer (or perhaps an entire band/project) whose songs/tunes are a kind of light weight “trance” or “house” music, presumably an attempt to mainstream (and dumb down) those genres for a wider audience. As I recall, Alice Deejay had three hits, “Better Off Alone”, “Back in My Life” and “Will I Ever”. The single releases also contain a load of remixes of varied quality. Personally, I think “Back in My Life” and “Will I Ever” are great fun, in a cheesy-turkey kind of way, but the rest of the material doesn't move me at all.

Weirdly, Alice Deejay's label is Violent Records, and its logo is identical to the old symbol of the West German terrorist group Rote Armee Fraktion! The disconnect between this and the tweenie disco tracks on the actual CD is almost complete…

I have no idea what background this record company might have, but I fair guess would be an old punk label. Or perhaps it's simply a very, very strange form of Dutch humor, the Netherlands of course being the most decadent nation in Europe, LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment