Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Alice RAF Deejay




OK, I admit it, I'm a non-recovering Euro-disco fan. I admit that I found this rather silly tune incredibly cool back in the days. Well, not really, but it's *much* better than Euro-disco usually goes. Alice Deejay was a Dutch band or project, fronted by dancer and singer Judith Pronk. Judy apparently works in fashion these days – I'm not surprised, with the outfits she was wearing in those video clips!

“Back in My Life” is Alice Deejay's second single and became a chart hit all over the Old Continent. A bizarre detail is that the record label is called “Violent Records” and spouts the logo of the Baader Meinhof Gang, the now defunct West German terrorist group! Who know what might happen if you try to sneak this through customs at Berlin-Schönefeld, LOL.

For being an excellent addition to my menagerie of curious and curiouser curiosities, I give this old CD five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment