Thursday, August 9, 2018

Hey, I´m sorry too, Rick




This movie is about a Reagan Democrat who votes Ross Perot only to end up with Bill Clinton. Naturally, he snaps. You know the rest of the story...

"Falling Down" is a near-conservative, half-sexist and very violent movie about an angry White man, named D-Fence, who gets sick and tired of the car lines in LA, and decides to walk through the city instead. Along the way, he confronts stingy Koreans, Hispanic gangsters, a neo-Nazi shop owner and some rich White golfers. The encounters get progressively more violent, as D-Fence gets hold of more and more lethal weapons. Finally, the police is called in and tracks him down. The two police officers are arguably the most boring characters in the entire movie, real nerds!

I'm not sure whether the movie has a real message, or whether it's simply a commercial speculation, but I suppose it's about the alienation of middle-class White males from contemporary America. Or something.

I readily admit that I like this movie, despite the questionable political message. And no, I don't take it very seriously. It's sheer entertainment. Half of the lines and all of the absurd situations are classics. "Hey, I'm sorry too, Rick". "There goes a man with a smile on his face. I'm sure his ECONOMICALLY VIABLE". "Have you seen his wife? SMACK". My favorite character is the Black guy who protests outside a bank, which considered him economically unviable. And my favorite situation is when D-Fence takes care of the crazy Nazi guy. But hey, Rick, I'm a liberal!

:-D

Recommended, if you take it with a very large grain of salt...

Breakfast, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment