Saturday, October 30, 2021

A marginal note

Me right now, bracing for impact!

I like JMG, but I admit that I find it...somewhat weird...to make an announcement like *this* in a marginal comment on his blog (# 291 on Ecosophia´s October 2021 Open Post). But that´s me, of course. 

>>>If my hypothesis is correct and the death rate among the vaccinated is as high as I fear it will be, it’s basically the end of European history. 80%-90% dieoff is a level that leads to culture death, and with mass migration from Africa and the Middle East already in process, a century from now the European subcontinent west of the Elbe or the Vistula will be indistinguishable culturally, politically, and demographically from the northern half or so of Africa. In the United States and Russia, and in some other countries like India, the dieoff will be concentrated in the Europeanized segments of the population — here in the US, the managerial class which (as US elites have done since colonial times) slavishly copies European intellectual fashions, is far more heavily vaccinated than the working classes and the poor. As for Israel, given their sky-high vaccination rate, the Arabs can sit back and wait for the dieoff to run its course, and then just walk in.

>>>I’m not sure it’s exactly an own goal, however. I don’t think the Faustian cultures could ever handle settling down into the stasis and slow decline that is the long-term state of every mature civilization. I think that at some level the decision was made to go out with a bang, and once it became clear that the US and the Soviet Union weren’t going to oblige them with an apocalyptic nuclear war, and none of the other hecatombs du jour panned out, a voluntary plague was the next best thing.

>>>But of course my hypothesis could be completely wrong, in which case we’ll see what happens next.

No argument there!

No comments:

Post a Comment