Saturday, September 8, 2018

There's something strange in the neighborhood...





I admit that I only watched four short clips of this new series at Youtube. "Urban Tarzan" seems to be a kind of freak show version of "Call of the Wildman". I reluctantly admit that I found the exploits of Kentucky backwoodsman Ernie Brown entertaining, but I'm not sure if Urban Tarzan and his friend Caveman will entertain me just as much...

But sure, if you think Turtleman is too boring and want to see more absurd stuff, this just might be the series for you. "Urban Tarzan" features a host of wild and quasi-domesticated animals on the loose in the middle of LA.

Who you gonna call when a huge camel destroys a live nativity scene, stumps on a Baby Jesus doll and scares the hell of the Wise Men? Or when a fully clothed chimp with a gun terrorizes two elderly citizens in their home? Or when a bull ravages a corn maze? (I didn't know they grew corn in Los Angeles.) I suppose the LAPD or the local fire department would be the logical first choices, but in this series you call extreme animal handler Urban Tarzan, who swiftly comes to the rescue...well, sort of. At least in the teasers, the blasphemous camel actually gets away!

"Urban Tarzan" is obviously scripted. Several of the rampaging beasts captured by our hero look tranquilized, trained or even fake (sic). Perhaps the local animal protection society should take a closer look at this, LOL. That being said, I will only give the series two stars, but with the obvious escape clause that your humor might be somewhat different from my own...

No comments:

Post a Comment