Sunday, September 16, 2018

Fake news



I actually managed to post this on Amazon, despite the hysteria around Pizzagate! Yes, it was a faux review of a book by Abramovic... 

Since you wonder, I don't believe in the “Spirit Cooking” conspiracy theory. I *do* believe that Marina Abramovic and her devotees have an incredibly bad taste in art, so bad in fact, that it's almost a “lesser evil” argument to vote for pro-wrestler champion Donald Trump, who at least knows how to decorate a hotel!

Personally, I think the decadent gay art of the 18th century aristocracy, the so-called Rococo, was about 100 times more artistically pleasing than Marina's happenings. I have a reproduction of a Rococo painting on my living room wall. In fact, I think The Donald should commission a nativity scene in Rococo style and put in on the White House lawn, just to show the Dadaistic “elite” that there's a new art czar in town.

And no, I don't necessarily oppose Yugoslav avant-garde. I'm old enough to remember Laibach. I admit that their irreverent attacks on Martin Luther King, the Rolling Stones and Austrian pop band Opus were great fun, LOL. Perhaps Laibach can perform that Rococo nativity scene…?

No comments:

Post a Comment