Thursday, March 17, 2022

Stop whining, kiddo

14-year old libertarian in his basement

I´m getting sick and tired of all the teenage/young adult right-wing libertarian basement dwellers who constantly whine about being demonetized by YouTube or whomever. Know what, brats? FUCK YOU. I´m old enough to remember when you *lost* money on political activism. Who do you think paid for all those leaflets, posters, fanzines and magazines? Mark Zuckerberg´s ad revenue...?

This must be the height of controlled opposition. A "dissident" sits in a basement in a privileged American suburb, posts videos on a global platform attacking some establishment "truth", and expects the very same establishment to *actually pay him for doing it*. Wtf?! So health care isn´t a human right, per the start page of the Ayn Rand Institute, but getting paid for saying "how dare you" to Zucc somehow is? (That, and COVID relief money.) No, kiddo, you have to pay that fedora yourself.

Not that the leftists are any better, of course. Recently, a leftist blogger whined about Twitter de facto destroying his ability to reach his audience, since he spends most of his time (including as a reporter) on, well, Twitter. Gee, I didn´t know there were so many revolutionary proletarians on Twatter (with red checkmarks?), but what the hell do I know, I´m just a 50-something remembering a time when dissident reporters only got published in obscure magazines (see above), and didn´t have too many friends in high places (by contrast, this guy even got a government minister to tweet in his favor). 

If you were lucky, you could find said magazines in a library. If less lucky, you had to write to a obscure postal office box to get a subscription, which was then dutifully recorded by the secret service agent that infiltrated the mag editorial board...

Kids today don´t know anything.   






4 comments:

  1. Its Probably because im not exactly young myself anymore but i just cant stand people under 25 who have lots of political views. And I had so ridiciously much political views already in my lower teens that this song could have been about me:
    https://youtu.be/BF1xuHWkha4
    "ni ska inte ha en åsikt, ni ska inte ha en plattform, Jävla ungdomsjävlar, välj sitta eller skjutas ned". Exakt så.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to read you on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, they banned me for unknown reasons. So now I can write anything I feel like (well, almost) on a blog all my own! ;-)

    ReplyDelete