Sunday, September 29, 2019

Eufalconimorphae: Finally, a clade that makes some sense!

If this idiot blogger calls me chicken one more time, I´m gonna go ultra-rogue on him!

So DNA research suggests that falcons are more closely related to parrots and passerines than to eagles, hawks, vultures and other Accipitriformes. 

Makes sense.

My amateur biological side always thought there was something strange about falcons. I mean, they *look* differently, don´t they? For all I know, they could be parrots gone ultra-rogue. And what about the caracaras? They look like chicken evolving into birds of prey! 

Next, I want a thorough taxonomical revision of cuckoos. I´m pretty sure there´s something fishy about them, too. And what´s this shit about swifts and hummingbirds being related??? Not to mention the supposed dino-bird connexion, not sure about that one either. 

Maybe we should also take a closer look at the old discarded theory that flying foxes are really primates and hence related to humans... Always missed that one!

1 comment: