Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Back to square one

 

Credit: Times of India (?)

I´ve been searching for some kind of religious or spiritual Systeme for about 20 years now, without finding shit. All religions contradict each other, many are based on lies, and all I´m aware of can be either disproven or remain unproven. Many also strike me as "copium" or "hopium". Evil aint real, kiddo, it´s just an illusion. Or it´s real, and soon the Great Savior will swoop down and set everything right. Or I can save my own ass, become an immortal, and then laugh at the rest of ya! Maybe I can even become evil?  

Of course, the "black pill" of reductionist materialism isn´t particularly pleasant either. Even apart from being somewhat ontologically queer.  

Not sure where to go from here. Sure, I learned a lot during the past two decades, but it feels I´m returning to my home town without anything to show for it...

The above isn´t ironic, btw. 

6 comments:

  1. Det är resan som är målet. Klen tröst men ändå.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the chase really better than the catch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Hugge. But could it be that searching for 'consciousness' isn't about us, but that *God* is asleep and we can be used as vessels or points of light that assist *God* in awakening from this dream of existence? I can't build a *spaceship* or anything like that to reach my destination, but perhaps can be used by something to construct that ship. I don't know, perhaps *God* is suffering; when I find myself in relaxed sensation some of *Its* suffering is reduced and so *It* enters more into my personal awareness until it consumes me. But yeah, belonging to my mainstream Christian religion is good for community building, the beliefs are obviously bat-shit crazy, as if *God* is Jesus and sits somewhere in heaven waiting to see how we all turn out. I was interested in Gurdjieff when in my 20's because I found there was 'no place to lay my head' in any belief system. I met some good people and found a group of like persons. Apparently there is a Gurdjieffian footprint in Sweden, online at least. Returning to one's hometown is an excellent idea! Likely the "spaceship designers" can find you there.
    Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The idea that God needs us to become conscious of himself is an interesting (and old) mystic idea, but I can´t help thinking that this isn´t really God, but rather the (fallen?) World-Soul looking for the real God. The re-integration at the end of the journey isn´t really a re-integration of God, but rather "the holy marriage" (or is it re-marriage) between the prodigal World-Soul which finally returns to his hometown and there unites with its Source, the real Divine which has been conscious/perfect/fulfilled all along...

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least on the level of clever metaphors, I tend to think Christianity is close to the truth, but the question is of course how far these metaphors (or truths) go...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some clever metaphors:

    https://ashtarbookblog.blogspot.com/2022/12/the-riddle-of-world.html

    ReplyDelete