Sunday, July 29, 2018

The last Templar indeed



Bad acting, ridiculous stereotypes, factual errors that would make a historian sue somebody, and a plot that would make even Dan Brown weep. Yes, fam, welcome to the not-so-wonderful world of "The Last Templar". I just finished watching the first episode, and I'm somewhat sceptical about watching the rest!

Tess Chaykin isn't very convincing as feminist vigilante. I mean, she's no Lisbeth Salander, is she? The constant flirtation between Ms. Chaykin and Catholic choirboy Sean Reilly is embarrassing, to say the least, and please note the name of the priest: De Angelis. You're kidding, right? But then, the religious fanatic in "End of Days" was named Thomas Aquinas!

And why is the hired assassin a Black man? I thought Canada would be politically correct by now...

Thank God I'm not a Catholic. I would have been even more annoyed by "The Last Templar" if I had been. Perhaps I would have attacked the New York Metropolitan wielding a sword and a somewhat knightly outfit? Being of the feminist persuasion, I was more annoyed by Tess dressed in sexist garb chasing the virile knights on horseback. That's feminist? Sheesh. Looks more like a comic flick from the old fifties.

I'm intrigued by the high ratings this production has gotten on Amazon. Can't people tell the difference between a good show and pure bunk? But then, I suppose you *could* appreciate "The Last Templar", if you take it as a turkey. Pun intended.

(Please read about the Turkish reaction to the series on Wikipedia! Now, *that's* entertaining.)

And yes, the real Knights Templar were faithful servants of the Church.
They would have sued. No doubt about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment