Sunday, July 29, 2018

The Anti-Christ comes of age



Daniel Quinn is the author of best-selling novels "Ishmael", "The Story of B" and "My Ishmael". This book, by contrast, is non-fiction.

In his novels, Quinn came across as something of a dangerous radical. Not so in "Beyond Civilization".

Here, he is simply calling on people to start underfunded business ventures, accept low wages with no health coverage, drop out, join the circus or become homeless vagabonds. He doesn't want to overthrow the government, explicitly wants it to stay in place, and even smugly tells his readers that they have to pay their income taxes...

We also learn that this high apostle of primitivism live in Houston, Texas and is quite comfortable with it.

Ha ha ha. Daniel Quinn is a fraud. It seems the Anti-Christ has come of age. Instead of a Dark Green Revolution, we are left with...more of the same, plus more freedom for the few who want to opt out of the system (the system will allow it, trust me, as long as they pay the taxes for the next bank bail-out).

Ok, I admit it. I live in Stockholm, Sweden and I'm quite comfortable with that, too. Sometimes I show up above Houston in my flying saucer!

But hey, don't tell me this is a radical.

No comments:

Post a Comment