Sunday, August 16, 2020

Satsang at Base camp

Last week, I sat down and reflected (I won't say discursively meditated) on the character of God (if he even exists). Purely by chance (if you believe in such things) tonight local time I came across a definition of God which *almost* fits with my own speculations.

There are just two problems. First, the God concept in question is associated with Trika. And Trika is Tantrika. I tend to stay clear of Tantrikas. You never really know when their satsangs might turn into orgies, or whether you are the next "meat sacrifice".

The other problem is that the Tantric teacher claims that Trika - wait for it - doesn't believe in God?! He explicitly calls it an atheistic system (or perhaps a-theistic)! So my view of God has a family likeness with that of self-professedly atheistic Tantrists...

Wtf. And how very, ahem, Tantric.

The idea goes something like this: "Base is Consciousness conscious of itself, dynamic, from which relative reality spontaneously arises. Base is conscious of the entire cosmos and of every single creature on the basis of compassion. Base is Space and Light, which can also be seen as Freedom and Love".

But what on earth is this if not God?

Still, I would like to qualify the above by saying that created reality is absolute rather than relative, and that God isn't identical with the cosmos, but reaches far beyond it. God, in essence, is a Stage 13-being!



21 comments:

  1. In other news, the DSA still haven't endorsed Joe Biden. Since Harris is the real candidate, I suppose they could endorse her without explicitly repudiating the resolution prohibiting an endorsement of Biden. In other words, they could endorse the Dem ticket on a technicality. Not that I give a damn, of course...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's incredibly funny that the DSA refuses to endorse Biden, while some Communist groups *have* endorsed him. I mean, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come and join our tantrist orgies we have more fun than the DSA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can somebody please explain the latest Dem conspiracy theory? Trump is putting locks on mail boxes because...what? I don't get it. To stop people from voting by mail? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything always repeats itself twice. The first time as tragedy and the second time as farce. Russiagate was the tragedy. This is the farce...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm seriously beginning to wonder if the Dems are cursed by Kek!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nah kek needs to get out more connect with Base he cares too much about trump and things

    ReplyDelete
  8. We do not fear Asian knotweed. We embrace it. We can learn to EAT Asian knotweed. We do not fear it, I say. Bring it on, let it invade our parks and backyards! Knotweed is SACRED PLANT to Tantrikas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "We embrace nuclear war" same bizarre logic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you rest in the Heart of Radical Understanding, nothing can hurt you. Not nuclear war. Not even Asian knotweed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greta thunberg isn't properly baptized by PATH OF FIRE AND WATER, if she rests in the Heart and understands Base, she would become shakti consort of dakini avatara!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ken Wilber doesn't know half of it, Tidlosa. I have reached such levels of realization that not even the mahasiddhas understand what I'm doing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing can touch me anymore not even covid corona climate change chemtrails entrails nothing I am a realized part of Base not even nuclear explosions have any power over me

    ReplyDelete
  14. My compassion for you is boundless I will save you all in 2 billion years all phenomena will become empty and luminous when this world reaches its fruition

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are all one with Base I will even save Franklin Jones from his delusions he is currently working off karma in the hell realm known as "2020 California"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, that's really good to hear, then!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are already free. Samsara is nirvana.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We do not fear the giant hogweed.

    ReplyDelete