Thursday, February 29, 2024

No lindorm in this one

 

No deer were harmed
when generating this picture!


"Vilda Småland" is a Swedish nature documentary only available for viewers in Sweden at SVT Play. Småland is a region in southeastern Sweden. Over 100 years ago, a maverick ethnologists actually claimed that the dragon-like lindorm was a real cryptid living somewhere in the Smålandese forests but, alas, nobody took him seriously! The real wildlife in the region in question is featured in this production. 

I admit that I got a bit bored after a while, since most of the docu is about deer. But sure, they show three different species, so if Cervidae is your main interest in life and you live within the borders of our kingdom, I suppose you´ll get your treat. Other animals shown include white-tailed eagles (munching on a dead deer!), whooper swans, grebes, the capercaillie, foxes, badgers, boars and lynxes. Weirldy, the sound made by the lynx sound like dog barks?! 

While it´s kind of interesting to watch animals you *almost* see when out strolling, the deer aspect soon got to me. But then, I´m not a hungry lindorm, so there´s that, I suppose!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment