Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Dreams of a Russian invasion

 


The bird above is a Coal Tit (although the wrong subspecies). The one we have around here presumably looks more like a dimunitive Great Tit (pun unintended). I say "presumably", since until the last week or so, I didn´t even know these birds existed! Then, I read in some newspaper that there is currently "an invasion of Russian Coal Tits in Stockholm", with the miniature birds crashing into buildings and stuff?!

When I visited Stockholm recently (still looking for the Gubbängen monster, obviously), I noticed a flock of small birds which confused me. "Damn, the Great Tits are very small this season", I thought to myself. At least I think I did. Or did I just dream the whole thing? 

If so, it must be some kind of weird synchronicity that I read in the newspaper about the unknown bird I dreamed of a few days earlier. I hope the "Russian invasion" thing is just a figure of speech! I mean, it´s not like Russian birds crashing into buildings is an omen of a foreign drone-attack on Sweden or anything.

Right? 

Maybe I should just hide in the forest together with that monster...

No comments:

Post a Comment